GENERAL GUIDELINES ON ITEC TRAINING COURSE
1. The candidate should be between the age of 25 and 45 years. In other words, he/she must not be under 25 years and over 45 years on the date of commencement of the course.
2. The candidate must fill in the online application by visiting the website: https://www.itecgoi.in/index.php. (Please make sure that the name entered should match with that written on the passport). Complete details of the courses being offered in the year 2018-19 are available at https://www.itecgoi.in/streamlist.php?salt3=f512d8599b2018-2019.
3. After filling online application, the applicant would need to take a print out of the application, sign it, affix a good quality recent passport size photograph with white background, enclose copies of his/her testimonials and send the same to this Consulate.
Please note that the applicant must send the original Medical Fitness Certificate from a licensed medical practitioner or recognised Government Hospital. The certificate must bear the full name of the doctor, his/her registration number along with contact telephone and e-mail ID.
4. The applicants are required to send their application through the Department of Foreign Relations, Kurdistan Regional Government, Erbil. In certain cases, applications may be accepted directly by the Consulate.
5. There is no limit on number of applications for a particular course, but the decision of the authorities in granting admission will be final. However, since there would be limited number of seats available for a particular course, the probability of the candidate being selected would be inversely proportional to the number of applications for the same. Therefore, spreading nominations over a number of courses would enhance candidates’ chances of being selected for them. Nominating agencies may kindly keep in mind compatibility of the present sphere of work of the candidates with the courses being nominated for.
6. The applicant should have sufficient understanding of the English language. Every applicant will be required to appear in the Consulate for a Basic English Language Test and a short interview by the nodal officer of the Consulate.
7. Once the admission is approved by the authorities in India, the applicants will be informed immediately with the request to contact the Consulate to complete further formalities viz. application for Visa and booking of passage etc.
8. The Government of India will provide return economy class fare plus accommodation on sharing basis. The Government of India also provides stipend for some courses. However, applicants are advised to carry some amount of money to meet expenses immediately on their arrival in India. The selected candidates are required to give an undertaking to the effect that the cost of the ticket would be refunded to the government of India if after issuance of the ticket, he/she doesn’t join the course or doesn’t complete the course.
9. Please note that courses mentioned in the link mentioned in Para 2 ibid are available for the year 2018-19 (April 2018 - March 2019) and each course becomes available for on-line application 8 to 12 weeks before its commencement.
10. For any further information regarding ITEC Courses, Mr. Satya Veer Singh, Consul, Consulate General of India, Erbil, Tel: 07517402101,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org can be contacted: